- Let Me On by Jessie Evans
- No Tomorrow by Jessica Will
- Untouchable by Stimulator
- West Wham by KB
- What Do by Go Indi (Indigo)
- Dog Star (Fly On) by Blackbyrd McKnight w/ G. Clinton and P-Funk
- Got me Like by Marquis Canaan Da Lion
- Bookenka (The Adventurer) by Ancient Future
- Life String by Scouts Honor
- Class Magic by Jessie Evans
- Flower Lei by Scott Katsura
- I Feel Love by ElectroSexual & Sunday Luv
- Kool by Mo'Fone
- In My Blood by Star & Dagger
- Culbutos by Djizoes
- Mosquito's Buzz by KB
- Run 2 U by Shawn Michael Perry
- Piano Sonata #3 by P. D. Witter w/Fred Horowitz, piano
- I'm Good To Me by Go Indi (Indigo)
- Come Home by Marquis Canaan Da Lion
- Breathing (Instrumental Ver) by KB
- Bring The World by Jessica Will
- Love Conquers All by Scott Katsura
- Speakeasy by Brent Goodbar
- Blood & Silver by Jessie Evans
- Kick It With Me Now by Blackwash
- Honest Opinion by UAF - Feat. Eric McFadden
- Crosswind by Mo'Fone
Contemporary Pop, Dance, R&B / New York / Hawaii
SCOTT KATSURA grew up in Hawaii on the island of Oahu before he relocated to New Jersey and became housemates with Evelyn "Champagne" King - the legendary funky soul singer. Eventually, Scott decided it was in his best interest to live directly in the pulse of the music business, so he moved into Manhattan and continued to pursue his lifelong dream of working in the recording industry.
Living in the heartbeat of the Empire State, Scott found many golden opportunities of improving his skills as a pop vocalist, songwriter and music industry colleague. His first venture was networking his way into Prime Cuts Studio in Times Square, and collaborating with Mark Kamins, the veteran record producer that is most known for discovering Madonna. It was Mark that first placed Scott onto the ‘music industry' map by producing his first pop/dance CD album titled, "Eruption". Tracks like "Penetration" received great praise from prominent music critics like Larry Flick of Billboard Magazine who wrote, "Katsura has a fine voice and writes great pop tunes."
"Supernatural" followed - his second CD with an adult contemporary/pop flavor. The album was produced by Grammy recipient Cynthia Daniels, and Tony "Thunder" Smith, whose notoriety most derives from being the core drummer for Lou Reed. The title-track "Supernatural" scored Scott a #1 single in the U.K for four consecutive weeks.
On his fourth album, Scott took a shot at producing himself for the very first time. He was committed to and diligent about implementing his Hawaiian island roots into his professional work. Scott collaborated selectively with people who shared the same passion for "Aloha Miles Away", musical theatre singer/composer David Velarde and Grammy nominated jazz pianist/composer Martin Bejerano. "Aloha Miles Away" is the winner of 'Pop Album of the Year' at the 2005 Hawaii Music Awards.
Scott's current CD, "Born This Way", is his fifth international recording. Showing the ability to produce a successful album on "Aloha Miles Away", once again, Scott has chosen to produce this adult contemporary/pop/dance/rock CD in collaboration with his musical partner, Martin Bejerano. Together, they have created a lyrically ‘humanistic' anthem CD that is musically crossing many borders. There is also some controversy about the CDs title as Lady GaGa recently announced publicly that "Born This Way" will be the title of her upcoming 2011 CD. Read the related ARTISTHEAD News article for more details about the CD title situation.
Scott started his record label, the Airtime Recording Company and has Katsura Productions, an entertainment company that prides itself with multi-cultural elements and style. We we're fortunate enough to catch up with Scott as he spoke to us from his home in New York. Enjoy this exclusive ARTISTHEAD interview with Scott Katsura.
On the web:
ARTISTHEAD - The Musician's Complete Business Resource
Call 1.877.252.2750 or email us to schedule a free 15-minute consultation.