- Let Me On by Jessie Evans
- No Tomorrow by Jessica Will
- Untouchable by Stimulator
- West Wham by KB
- What Do by Go Indi (Indigo)
- Dog Star (Fly On) by Blackbyrd McKnight w/ G. Clinton and P-Funk
- Got me Like by Marquis Canaan Da Lion
- Bookenka (The Adventurer) by Ancient Future
- Life String by Scouts Honor
- Class Magic by Jessie Evans
- Flower Lei by Scott Katsura
- I Feel Love by ElectroSexual & Sunday Luv
- Kool by Mo'Fone
- In My Blood by Star & Dagger
- Culbutos by Djizoes
- Mosquito's Buzz by KB
- Run 2 U by Shawn Michael Perry
- Piano Sonata #3 by P. D. Witter w/Fred Horowitz, piano
- I'm Good To Me by Go Indi (Indigo)
- Come Home by Marquis Canaan Da Lion
- Breathing (Instrumental Ver) by KB
- Bring The World by Jessica Will
- Love Conquers All by Scott Katsura
- Speakeasy by Brent Goodbar
- Blood & Silver by Jessie Evans
- Kick It With Me Now by Blackwash
- Honest Opinion by UAF - Feat. Eric McFadden
- Crosswind by Mo'Fone
Pop / Electronica / Afro-Beat / Berlin / The World
ARTISTHEAD ARCHIVE INTERVIEWS is proud to present this exclusive audio interview with Jessie Evans. In this interview Jessie talks about the her new album and gives informative insights into the music business and being an internationally famous independent artist. We caught up with Jessie Evans in Berlin, where she currently resides.
Jessie Evans plays the saxophone, sings, and dances. She has been a member of the San Francisco all-female dark disco group Subtonix, the synth-punk dance troop The Vanishing, and the Berlin based duo Autonervous with Bettina Köster of Malaria. Jessie has just composed, produced, and released her first solo album on her own Fantomette Records. "IS IT FIRE?" was recorded between Berlin and Mexico. The songs feature live drums and percussion by Toby Dammit (Iggy Pop, Swans) and guest musicians Budgie (The Creatures, Siouxsie and The Banshees), Martin Wenk (Calexico), and Namosh. Recorded in part by Thomas Stern (Einstürzenden Neubauten, Crime and The City Solution) and mixed/ co-produced in Tijuana by Pepe Mogt (Nortec Collective).
"IS IT FIRE?" ventures into an exotic world of rhythm where drums conjure up images of latin heroes Perez Prado, Yma Sumac, afro-beat, nu-no wave and a touch of Istanbul. Saxophones like a flock of birds guide the traveler through familiar but unknown lands, and trumpets enter like parades of mariachi's dancing down on Revolution Street.
Jessie says, "The future of music is in all of our hands and we have to learn to work together if we're gonna survive. The idea that people can make things happen based on community brings us back to the roots of what its all about - everybody doing what they can to make society run, not relying on involvement from corporations or companies who will take their rights and exploit them. Linking musicians together with their fans and charity to create change is also an amazing concept. Lets really unite for art and music and what matters."
Enjoy and learn from this fascinating and informative audio interview with a truly great artist!
On the web:
Start Your Own Record Label For As Low $499. Today!
ARTISTHEAD - The Musician's Complete Business Resource
Call 1.877.252.2750 or email us to schedule a free 15-minute consultation.